LEICA LEITZ M2 BUTTON REWIND 10308 CHROME RANGEFINDER CAMERA BODY +MATCHING BOX
- Serial #960804
- Chrome finish
- Made in Wetzlar, Germany in 1959
- Features the button rewind mechanism and no self-timer
- These button wind cameras are a totally different mechanism over all the other conventional M camera rewind lever. The button is unique to the M2 and some M1 cameras ( I don't coun't the M1 because there is no working rangefinder and difficult to use ...I never understood the idea about the M1 ) button rewind lever, and no self timer. Basically like the original MP and MP2 camera. These were the first of the M2 series that came out and later they added the self timer. Very nice camera and harder and harder to find in this condition!
- This particular camera was made in the first batch immediately after the batch of only x15 MP2 cameras that were made in 1958. These button rewind cameras are RARE and undervalued. Really fantastic in every respect!
- Single stroke film advance lever
- Features rounded lugs, newer style shutter speeds, and no self-timer
- 0.72x viewfinder
- 35-50-90mm framelines
- Shutter speeds B, 1" - 1/1000
- Cat No. 10308
- Body cap
- Matching serial number box
- No dents or major marks
- Top/bottom plate has very modest bright marks
- Leatherette is all intact.
A nice camera overall. Shows some use but no abuse.
- Slow shutter speeds are accurate
- All camera functions are working normally
- Viewfinder/rangefinder is clean and clear
A nice camera and nice to have with its original matching # box. Desirable BUTTON M2 ( one of my personal favorites ). A pleasure to have and enjoy!