LEICA 35MM SUMMILUX F1.4 BLACK PAINT M3 2nd VER LENS +EYES +CAPS INFINITY LOCK !
- Serial #2721907
- Black paint finish
- 2nd version example that takes the 12504 hood.
- Made in 1974 in Midland, Canada
- Made to fit your Leica M3 bodies by bringing up the 50mm frame lines and converting them to 35mm
- Will also mount on your M2, M4 and M6 bodies too by doing the same
This is a very RARE version of the 35mm f1.4 M3 with the infinity lock and the black paint eyes attachment. A transitional from the 1st version STEEL RIM with the infinity lock + OLLUX hood and the 3rd version without the infinity lock and 12504 hood. This is the second version inbetween version that has the infinity lock, black paint eyes and takes the 12504 hood.
Very desirable and hard to find. These are probably the rarest to find of all the version as not many were made!
- 7 elements 5 groups
- Aperture range: f1.4 - f16
- 64° angle of view
- Cat No. 11871
- Front/rear lens caps
- M3 eyes
- No signs of abuse or major marks
- Barrel is clean.
- There is only a small impression on the eyes black paint window. Glass is still good and all is well. Only a cosmetic mark.
- Black paint patina is nice and all original!
- Focusing is smooth
- Aperture clicks are crisp
- No fungus, separation or scratches
- There is the slightest, very Very VERY faint amount of haze. Really nothing.
A great lens at a great price. Reasonable and very RARE! A must have for a collector. I have sold these in the past for up to $3500. A great deal on a fine and rare lens!