LEICA 35MM SUMMILUX F1.4 1st VERSION STEEL RIM M3 LENS +EYES LATE #2166711 RARE!
- Serial #2166711
- Last year last batch production and very late #
- Made in 1966
- Chrome finish 1st version Summilux 35mm lens with the front steel ring made for the Ollux lens hood
- Made in Midland Canada
- Extremely rare and hard to find lens
- Only about 1600 examples ever made
- A must have for any collector or enthusiast
- M3 version with the focusing eyes attachment which bring up the 50mm frame lines and convert it to 35mm; will also work on your M2, M4 and M6 bodies by doing the same
- 7 elements 5 groups
- Rare steel rim 1st version
- Made in 1966
- Aperture range: f1.4 - f16
- E41 or A46.5 filter mount
- Cat No. 11870
- Leica Rear lens cap
- Built in M3 WIDE ANGLE focusing eyes attachment for the viewfinder
- No dings, dents or marks
- Overall very clean. Body is nice and the chrome is crisp.
- This lens was well taken care of. Eyes attachment black crackle is clean.
- One or two very small bright marks on the chrome. Overall nice.
- Focusing is smooth
- Aperture clicks are crisp
- No fungus, separation or scratches
- The glass is clean with a rich coating.
- There is 1 very faint cleaning mark that comes as goes with a bright light at certain angles. The glass is nice
This is a very desirable LATE example. Clean overall and very nice glass. These are wonderful lenses to have and enjoy! A classic and a great investment. One of the latest examples I have had the pleasure of selling. RARE!